Financial Aid

Financial Aid Services

There are a variety of financial aid programs available to those who qualify.  Each prospective student is encouraged to schedule a financial aid appointment to discuss the various financial aid programs available and obtain assistance with the application process.

Financial Aid Application

The starting point for all financial aid is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA application is available on-line at, or a paper copy can be obtained at the school. Once the application is submitted, it takes several days for the school to receive the electronic reply from the US Department of Education.  The School will calculate the amount of student aid each student will receive based on this document.  Upon completion of the application process, your financial aid advisor will prepare a package of financial aid for you based upon your eligibility and financial need. Your advisor will discuss the timing of aid payments, explain billing and payment procedures, and can advise you about alternative financing sources.

Financial Aid Programs

  • Federal Pell Grant
    Eligible students at Cheryl Fell's School of Business who have not received a Bachelor's degree may receive this grant based on financial need.  The Federal Pell grant is a grant that does not need to be repaid. Click here for Information about Federal Pell Grants from the U.S. Department of Education.  Pell Grants are considered a foundation of federal financial aid to which aid from other federal and nonfederal sources might be added.
  • New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
    NY TAP grants are available to New York State residents who are also U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens and are enrolled full-time.   Click here for Information about TAP from the NYS Higher Education Services Corporation. .
  • Federal Direct Student Loan Program
    All eligible students at Cheryl Fell's School of Business are able to borrow a student loan from the Federal Student Loan Programs. These loans are called Federal Stafford Loans, and the interest on these loans may be subsidized and/or unsubsidized. Click here for Information about Stafford Student Loans from the U.S. Department of Education.
  • Federal Direct Student Loan Program– Parent PLUS Loans
    The parents of dependent students at Cheryl Fell's School of Business are generally able to borrow a Parent PLUS loan from the Federal Student Loan Program.  Parents can borrow up to the full cost of education (minus any other aid received). Click here for Information about Parent PLUS Loans from the U.S. Department of Education.

Veterans Educational Benefits

Veterans and dependents are may be eligible for educational benefits from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The VA pays some benefits directly to the veteran/student, and some to the school, depending upon which program the veteran/student participates in. The veteran/student must apply for benefits directly with the VA.

For more information about VA educational benefits, please contact the Department of Veterans Affairs at 1-888-GI BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551).   "GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).  More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at"

Vocational Rehabilitation

The NYS Office for Vocational and Educational Services for Individuals with Disabilities (VESID) provides financial and other services to assist individuals with disabilities to achieve a higher education. For more information, including a list of local VESID offices, visit the New York State VESID website.

New York State Indian Aid

Registered members of a Native American tribal group may be entitled to educational benefits. Request information on grants and/or loans from your tribal headquarters or education office. Applications may be obtained from New York State Education Department, Native American Education Unit, Room 461 EBA89, Washington Avenue, Albany, New York 12234  Telephone (518) 474-0537 or further information is also available by visiting;

Niagara County Employment and Training

If you are a dislocated worker or if you are a member of a low- income family, you may be eligible for tuition assistance, transportation assistance, and child care allowance under the Workforce Investment Act (WIA). For further information, visit the Niagara County Employment and Training website